Miscellaneous Legal Problems

PLA's General Intake Unit provides advice to clients with a variety of legal problems.  If you are not sure whether we help with your legal problem, call us.

We do not help clients with:

How to get help with Miscellaneous Legal Problems

The following departments at PLA provide legal assistance with Miscellaneous Legal Problems:

Intake Procedure:

Applicants may apply for assistance from the General Intake Unit by calling the telephone intake line or applying online.

Intake Procedure:

Patients of Health Center 3 and Health Center 4 may apply in person during walk-in MLCP walk-in intake hours.

Self-Help Resources

Philadelphia's Paid Sick Time

Starting May 13, 2015, employees who work at least 40 hours a year within the City of Philadelphia limits will be eligible to earn paid/unpaid sick leave.

Identity theft resources

If you are a victim of identity theft, follow the instructions in the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft Guide.

To make sure that you are not held responsible for debts created by the identity thief, fill out the Identity Theft Victim's Complaint and Affidavit.

How to file a case in small claims court

You can bring a lawsuit for less than $12,000 in Small Claims Court, which is part of the Philadelphia Municipal Court.

This page contains an explanation of the Small Claims Court process.


Catherine Anderson - Attorney
Betty Green - Paralegal
Cynthia Haskin - Attorney

Cynthia Haskin is the Supervising Attorney of the Medical-Legal-Community Partnership.

Natashia Mitchell - Paralegal
James Tiderington - Attorney