Resources at the Philadelphia Family Court Help Center
The Family Court Help Center is a room in the Philadelphia Family Court where people with family court cases can receive free legal information from knowledgable volunteers. Family Court is located at 1501 Arch Street and the Help Center is on the 11th Floor.
The hours of the Help Center are Monday through Friday, noon to 3 p.m.
Note that the volunteers at the Help Center can provide information and forms, but are not able to provide legal advice. If you need legal advice about your particular circumstances you should contact a private attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you may be able to obtain one by contacting the Philadelphia Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service at 215-238-6333.
The information available at the Help Center includes:
- Child custody basics
- How to file for custody (Sole, Primary, Shared, Partial, or Supervised Physical Custody)
- How to file other custody petitions and motions, including:
- Petition to Modify Custody Order
- Petition for Contempt of Custody
- Motion for Expedited Listing
- Emergency Petition for Custody
- Motion for Home Investigation
- Motion for Mental Health Assessment
- Motions About § 5329 Criminal Offenses
- Motion for Reconsideration/Appeal
- Custody Stipulations
- How to properly serve petitions/motions
- How to prepare for custody conferences and hearings
- A list of other resources
You can also access forms and information on the First Judicial District website under the "Family Division - Domestic Relations" section.
You may download all custody forms with instructions from the Philadelphia Bar Association’s web site.
You may also access forms and informational brochures at PA LawHelp.